The story behind the lights! Some women get flowers, others get lights!

So after we bought this property in the fall of 2018 we would go over and hang out at the property on weekends. The kids loved to walk the paths and created a trail clear into the woods where they made a fire pit out of rocks from the creek. Kale was super proud of this area. Emelia loved to work on the stone path down into the creek. Ava helped, but she more just enjoyed the beauty of the property and loved to dream up ideas of where we would build and how it would all look.

We spent countless hours....days...laying out where the house would be built and a barn.  Little did we know at the time that we would do things all in reverse. It was May of 2019 and getting close to Mother’s Day. I told Dave that I could envision this spot just up the small hill in the woods as my outdoor oasis where we could walk to from our walk out basement.  It just seemed perfect. It had a path from the walk out and another that led to the fire pit. I pictured lights strung from tree to tree with a farm house table to entertain.

Of course all of this was just a pipe dream as we were trying to get the property ready for us to build the barn. My surprise though for Mother’s Day was my little oasis strung with lights. We didn’t have electricity down into the woods so the evening after he had them hung we pulled the Durango back by the place in the woods and plugged the lights in with an extension cord. It was like my vision of this property was coming to life. It seemed like a story from a book in my mind.

Fast forward to August when we were moving over and Dave had been at the property getting the temporary electric ready for both the camper and the septic system. It took him forever to get things done and I thought he was never coming home. Little did I know it was all for a surprise for me. We got over to the property and were set up and Dave wanted to go show me something....everyone really. I was very reluctant and just wanted to stay in the camper and head for bed. He got me talked into walking back to our path in the woods though. It was dark and we used his head light that he wears to see our way.  We got down to my little oasis and with a flip of a switch Dave turned on my outdoor lights. He had been working not only to get things set up for our move, but he ran electric down to a tree with a light switch and outlet so I could have my lights on.  It is the coolest place to be and so peaceful.  He even added a bottle opener to the tree for my Spotted Cow bottles! So I know some men spoil their girl with flowers, but mine gave me lights!!!




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Bar Decor

The Barn Bathroom - It's coming together!